About This Blog

This blog attempts to chronicle my interest and growing visibility in the shaman's way. As a child I was very open to spirit worlds, and this quality was fostered and nurtured by my parents, my mother especially. In my twenties I found myself immersed in the study and practice of Polarity Therapy, a holistic system of bodywork, counseling, yoga, and nutrition developed by Dr. Randolph Stone. I began my Polarity Practice in 2002, and it is from this point that shamanic doors began to open and I began to journey with my clients. In 2009 a radical series of life events and unexpected doors began to fly open in fast succession. The most deeply touching is that of the whirling dervish, where I was trained and initiated in a five month intensive process. Following the blazing path opened to me, I now work with daily practices combining many forms of bodywork, meditation, yoga, and ecstatic dance. I remain true to the beating heart of Ayahuasca on a personal level, and to the community of the Shuar from which she came to me. My doctorate on spiritual and artistic practice will be completed in 2014. Please share in my personal journey, it is ever growing and ever changing. As we each awaken and New Earth is being co-created, every one of your comments are most welcome. In Eternal Peace~ Hannah Skywalker Dancing Heart

Monday, August 22, 2011

Sunshine

This morning as I practiced meditation and yoga I began to sing a beautiful old folk song: The roots of my heart go deep underground and connect to the roots of your heart, I will find you, deep in my heart, I will, I will find you deep in my heart.  As I sang the sun shone upon me and I embodied the suns heart as my heart.  This song is beautiful as a love song between the sun and the human, as it invokes the qualities of fire: will power, strength, the search, longing, fulfillment, joy, heart-centricity.  
Plasma Flare. photo: NASA
In my experience so far, there are three hearts that align in a connective fashion to produce brilliance.  The heart of the sun, the heart of living beings on the planet, and the heart-core of the earth.  My friend Mira, a healer and a shuar, sings a lovely song: "The fire in the light is the fire in your heart."  This is true, and in my recent exposure to the methods of Ayahuasca, I did experience my own heart in resonance with the heart of the earth, with fire.  As my heart increased its capacity, so the fire burned brighter in front of me; as others around me fanned the flames of each of their hearts, the fire danced brighter and higher; as the shaman played ceremonial music, the fire grew in intensity.  The fire of the stars, the fire of the sun, the crystalline and molten layers of fire at the center of the earth, they are the same fire singing within our little beating chests.
Earths Core. photo: sciencedaily.com
Three is a magic number, and as I consider the three hearts I relate this to the three diaphragms of the body: the pelvic floor, the diaphragm beneath the lungs, and the cranial diaphragm inside the brain. Breath, prana, energy, these are the crux of life and the flow of these vital forces within us is what animates our existence.  To be animated above-below-within is an awesome experience.  In the real sense of the word awesome: causing awe, catalyzing feelings of reverence, calling us to our higher potentials.  Observe in the photo below how our suns inner radiance moves to its surface in the geometry of the flower of life.  
Suns Layers. photo: astronomycast.com
Our sun is a good example for us!  As above, so below, as within, so without.  As we practice, so we are.  In our engagement with our willpower, our ability to feel and to share joy, our heat, our passions, our search, we too can engage the flower of life.  We begin by breathing, do a little yoga or meditation that works for our rhythms, our lives, then sing and dance to the center of it all! Now, more than ever, our daily practices which remind us of that which we really are, which call us to our higher potentials, are crucial. 

My prayer for the rest of today is: Dear Universe, as the molten core surrounds the crystalline, may love surround my inner fire, that flow and abundance may flower from my words and my body in a fountain of light!  Amen.
Even after all this time the sun never says to the earth, "You owe me." Look what happens with a love like that, It lights the whole sky!   ~Hafiz~

 

No comments:

Post a Comment